Tuesday 7 August 2012

Hibiscus.....

Hello peeps,

lol rain again!! Hey ho, positive thinking everyone please, we WILL have some more sun before the sprogs go back to school (won't we??!!).

I have to admit to loving how this page turned out, I didn't 'think' about it too much and just let it flow for a change and boy did I have fun........


I started with a gesso base and then scraped some decoart acrylic colours on with an old membership card. Out came the bottle top and sequin waste collection to add some interest and layers using another decoart acrylic. I then stamped randomly with Tim Holtz's regal flourish using stazon. The doodling was done with a sakura glaze pen. The flowers were cut from an advert in a magazine and a title and small bit of journalling was added to finish.

Many many thanks for popping by,

Big big hugs x x x x

4 comments:

Karen said...

You know how much I love this page...its beautiful honey xxx

Gez Butterworth said...

Wow! Dawn you have every right to be happy with your page & PROUD. It's beautiful XXX

Hope you get some sunshine soon... I've given up hope! We NEED to move souther, is that a word, lol.

Take care, Gez xx

Terrie said...

This page turned out beautifully! It's so summery and colorful and that's a beautiful image of the hibiscus. I envied you your ability to draw such a gorgeous flower but was encouraged to discover it was collaged on...gives me hope that I can make a pretty floral page too without being a botanical artist! :) I love the way you framed the flowers with your stamps - so pretty.

BJ said...

It's beautiful Dawn - do you give classes? BJ