Sunday 19 May 2013

Craft Barn Alpha Challenge - Letter K

Evening all,

ha ha ha I was in a 'nothing serious' mood today when I tackled this one!!

My entry for the current letter over at the Craft Barn's fab alpha challenge is KRAKEN, tee hee still managing to stick to my mythological theme!!

If you fancy having a go too please pop on over HERE for details on how to play and if you fancy a peek at all the K entries so far please pop on over HERE.

Here you go.....





Materials used - Black fine-liner (0.5), pentel hybrid white gel pen, sakura glaze pen (green), promarkers, paperartsy fresco paint (lime zest?), boat image from google images, white pigment ink, bubble border rubber stamp from Lost Coast Designs.

Many thanks for popping by and leaving a comment if you feel you would like to, your time and thoughts mean a lot.

Huge huggles

Dawn x 




16 comments:

carolfromkiwiland said...

Hi, your kraken is very cute - oh I mean monstrous of course.Love the viking boat being played with.Great effort

BJ said...

Oh Dawney (hope you don't mind me calling you that btw) what a wonderfully playful page you have created. Looks like the monster was having a "bad hair day". It's great made me smile LOADS. BJ

Karen said...

Hehe!!!! I am so glad that the octopus I have seen wasn't that big!!!!! Looks like you had fun my lovely :D xxx

Anonymous said...

That is one giant monster, glad it's all myth, or is it? Some of those giant squids out there fit the bill.....Happy pages Dawn. xox

TwinkleToes2day said...

Visiting from The Craft Barn - this is very good. Very whimsical :0)

Annie said...

hahaha...a page full of great fun! Excellent word choice.

Laura said...

Just hopping round some K pages.
This is very fun and educational - never heard of him (I presume it's a him!) before
:)

Cocofolies said...

ha ha, yet a page very funny but also very beautiful... Bravo Dawn ! For me, I didn't have enough time to participate to this letter unfortunately... Never mind, I can appreciate some of the others !! :) Hugs, Coco

Bonnie Irvine said...

This is so fun...huge grin as I'm sitting here looking at the sea monster. That poor little ship! Great imagination and a creative word choice.

Sandy said...

Now this is really fun and cute and original and well done!!!!! you are so clever!
Sandy

Sylvia said...

Love this fun page, wonderful kraken tossing the boat about.

Sylv xx

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn, wow did you draw that yourself? Love that, so whimsical! I thought they were called squids, never heard of the word kraken. Anyhow, I became your follower because I love your blog and since I just started my own blog, I am looking for inspiration. Thanks for sharing. I would love it if you would pop over to my blog for a visit, you're very welcome. Hugs Frea
http://messymixedmediabyfrea.blogspot.nl

Maisie Moonshine said...

Great pages, love your crazy kraken! MMx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Supercool - love your Kraken!

Terrie said...

Even more fun. You've got a wicked imagination!

Any signs of summer there yet?

Anonymous said...

This is so much fun!! Bet you had a blast doing this one!
Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
Izzy