Wednesday 4 March 2015

Colour theme week over at Tando Creative.

Helloooooooooooooooooo,

so so good to see some fab sunshine lately and very appropriate for the lovely colour theme on the Tando blog for this month!

I have wanted to have a go at the coptic (open spine chain-stitch) book binding method for a long time so what a brilliant opportunity to 'have a go' using one of Tando's sturdy book cover kits.............





I primed and painted the covers of the Frame kit with a plain base coat (the spine board from the kit will be used for another project), then added extra layers of paint using bubble wrap. A stamped image and sentiment from my stash was added as a focal point too. Using a pokey tool I was easily able to put the required stitching holes into the covers and then bind in sheets of watercolour paper.

Here is what I used.......



A selection of book cover kits and much much more can be found on the Tando Creative retail site.

Many thanks for popping by and leaving a comment if you feel you would like to.

Hugs

Dawn x 




1 comment:

Karen said...

WOW!!!!!! This is just gorgeous my lovely!!!! xxx