ha ha its been an age since I blogged but hopefully after a very busy few weeks I can finally start to get back to some 'normality'!!
I would like to share some pages from my altered book which was done in conjunction with the amazing Elizabeth's free course, the lessons are all still available on her blog via a dedicated side-bar feature HERE.
I would like to thank Elizabeth again for her time and dedication in providing these amazing lessons. I can honestly say that through the course I have tried many techniques which were so beautifully explained and illustrated, many of which I would probably never have had a go at!!!! I am sure you can all imagine the time that this lovely lady has taken to prepare, demonstrate and blog each extensive lesson - Elizabeth I salute you for this and for your willingness and generosity in sharing your experiences and arty knowledge x x
Anyhoo, I have to admit to not having a 'completed' book yet, personal circumstances took over at the end of November that brought my crafting to a halt, then Christmas and New Year took over, hey ho, these things happen and I am now on a mission to 'catch-up' as soon as I can and get my book finished.
I still have a few more spreads to go inside as well as the cover to decorate and I will share these with you as and when I complete them..................
My apologies for the terrible photos, the light has been horrendous lately!!
I started this spread by collaging various pieces of papermania bookpage paper into my book. I then added a few layers of various coloured glazes until I was happy-ish with the result, it got a little 'muddy' for my liking but you can still see some of the colour tones I think?
The 'venetian' images were all from various travel brochures, some of which I have covered with glazes and metallic paints to ground them into the spread and some of which I have left alone as focal points.
The lettering was created using an alpha stamp set from my stash, this was stamped onto red card, details picked out using glitter pens and they were then clear embossed before I added them to the page.
Tee hee, this spread was fun to do albeit not using my usual colour pallette!! I gessoed and glazed the base then stamped and stencilled away to my hearts content. I felt it was still a little too much so decided to dry brush some more gesso across the spread to tone everything down a bit.
The main images were cut from magazines and were matted onto a distress inked doily. Tim Holtz's regal flourish was randomly stamped to create a border (not too easy to get a good stamped image on a very lumpy surface as you can probably see ha ha) and some tissue tape and torn music paper was added to create some focal balance.
Following some advice from a very special lady (lol you know who you are Mrs G, thank-you sweetie x) I added a few scrapes of red paint with a plastic card which gives the spread the little lift that it needed.
For this final spread I started with a gesso base and stamped the entire page with an Andy Skinner texture stamp, a yellow glaze was then added along with a tissue tape border.
The main image was created using a papermania 'urban' stamp on cream card, this was then coloured with distress ink. One of the clock faces was stamped again on cream card and fussy cut. It was then coloured with DI's, highlighted with a glitter pen and clear embossed. The wings are from Stampotique's Angel Boy, they were stamped and embossed with gold powder, fussy cut and then coloured with DI's before being stuck to the original stamped panel.
Hopefully I will be back again soon my lovelies.
Many thanks for popping by and leaving a comment if you feel you would like to.