Sunday 6 January 2013

Journal Page........

Evening all,

hope everyone is well? Ha ha I am determined to create more and share more this year now that I'm feeling a little more confident with what I am doing, long may this last and I hope you will join me on my 'travels' this year too.

I am so so pleased with how this page evolved, considering it started life as a 'tester page' for some new paints!!


I started by randomly stamping a viva decor flourish using raspberry memento ink.  The distress inks came out for the next layer and were built up gradually and then spritzed with water to help blend the colour blocks. My scrap paper box was raided for some complementary patterned papers which were hand cut and stuck on before I further attacked the page with the paints I wanted to 'test'. The paints were sponged through Tando's 'sequin waste' and 'random circles' mask until I was happy.
The gorgeous fella is Stampotiques 'heart throb' and the sentiment is a random one from my stash. Heart throb has been coloured using promarkers and grounded to the page with a strip of Tim Holtz tissue tape.
Lots of doodling later, with the random circles of white again courtesy of Tando's 'sequin waste' mask, and 'voila'!!

Many thanks for popping by and leaving a comment if you feel you would like to.

Hugs

Dawn x

5 comments:

Craftymoose Crafts said...

That is just the cutest! Isn't it great when experiments turn out as well as this?

Karen said...

oooooooo!!!!!! This is fantastic Dawn!!! I love the pretty colours and all the layers! haha is Max showing his hormonal side? HUGS xxx

Traceyr said...

Can't go wrong with a bit of doodling Dawn. Great page.

Happy New Year.

:)

BJ said...

Wow Dawn it is fantastic, were you basing in on how I feel at present as I can see a likeness there, especially the swirl coming out of the head - LOL - bit like antenna. I can definitely feel for this character. Super page - BJ

Gez Butterworth said...

Another stunner Dawn! Sorry for being such a rotten blogger friend atm I don't know whether I'm coming or going!!!!! Thank you as always for your beautiful comments on my blog, it always gives me a lift reading them. Sending gently hugs to you all...xxx