Saturday 1 September 2012

Learn Something New Every Day........

Evening all,

quick one from me tonight as I have lots of journals to make ha ha ha!!!!!!!! Arrrrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!

The fabby Gez over at Dragonfly Dreams has set an informal 'Learn something new every day' challenge for the month of September and I decided that I would like to play too.  If you would like more details and/or fancy joining in please pop on over here.

Ha ha ha, I will no doubt fall behind many times over the next month so I will share my progress with you as and when I can.  I CAN share the book I made to do the challenge in though...............



The pages are made from various papers that I have swiped with my fave acrylics and spritzed with some dylusions sprays.


The cover is made from a thick sheet of mulberry paper which has again been spritzed with dylusions sprays. To protect the cover I have given it a good coat of PVA!!
The pages are stitched in in 2 signatures with a 5 hole pamphlet stitch using waxed linen thread. Lol, I didn't get a chance to take a pic of this before my camera died!! Apologies for the crappy pictures too, my youngest was trying to climb my legs at the time ha ha!!

Many thanks for popping by and leaving a comment if you feel you would like to.

Big hugs x x x x

4 comments:

Traceyr said...

♥ this colour combination Dawn your book looks great!

I'm hoping to play along too and am planning my page in my head as I type. :)

BJ said...

Gosh you have set yourself a challenge there, hope you can keep it up. Love the colourful book BJ

Karen said...

I just LOVE this book and can't wait to see it all filled :) Don't worry Dawn...I will nag you to finish the month hahahaha xxx

Terrie said...

What gorgeous colors and that alone should inspire you to keep working...the whole idea of learn something new every day is an excellent one for all of us.

Thanks for visiting and leaving such a nice comment about my book addiction - interesting how bookshelf contents can be so similar even when in different countries.